A quest for a book called 'The Rituals of the Ancients' in a haunted sunken monastery. Results may vary, mobile editions have slight changes to the loot, including random books.
- Talk to the book shop keeper Senera in Vastares - City Center.
- Ask her if you can help. She will offer you a reward of 4000 gold to retrieve a magic book for her. She will tell you to talk to the magic shop keeper Ithulde in the Village of Matras to activate a teleport at the Abandoned Pier.
- Travel to Matras and talk to Ithulde. She will ask you why you need the teleport and you can tell her of your quest, to which, she will make a counter offer of 5000 gold to give her the book instead. You have two choises now:
- Travel to the Abandoned Pier teleporter, which should now be activated with green smoke. It will take you to another teleport at the Sunken Monastery.
- Go through the door to the south to Room A and take the Lost Key off a statue holding a tray.
- Use the key to unlock any one of the three locked doors.
- The East door has the final key you need (You can just open this door if you don't care about experience or treasure)
- The West door has an Abandoned One and a key that will unlock the South or East door
- The South door has a Lost Soul and a key that will unlock the West or East door
- Once you have the key from behind the East door, go North past the teleport and unlock the door to Room B.
- Use the switch on the East wall where you will hear the words "Have faith though the chasm".
- Go back out the door and take the door to Room C.
- You will find a room with multiple chasms. You will have to take a leap of faith and walk into the open air (which will support you at one specific point in the chasm)
- Take the teleport and fight a Lost Soul. From beyond the green magic curtain, an abandoned one will attack you. Defeat it.
- Use the switch in the cell.
- Do this another 3 times until you get to a switch on the back wall. Use it and you will be told a magical barrier has disappeared.
- Leave the room and go into Room D. Use the switch on the back of the wall. You will be told a magical barrier has disappeared.
- Leave the room and go to the Room E.
- Defeat the boss The Unnamed.
- Use the switch on the North wall to disable the spear trap to the East.
- Use the switch on the East wall to disable the force field on the west wall.
- Take the book of Rituals of the Ancients.
- Return it to Senera (or Ithulde if you will).
There is also a hidden switch in Room C that disables the force fields in Room D protecting a whole bunch of items. To find this hidden area and acquire the loot:
- Turn to the left (North) as you enter Room C and walk to the end.
- Turn left to face the wall (West) and you will see a hidden switch (a grey brick protruding from the green wall).
- Tap it and the wall will disappear to reaveal a short corridor with a pressure switch at the end.
- Step on the switch and you will see the words; "You hear strange noises - wall of forces are disappearing!".
- Return to Room D and collect the items that were previously protected!
- If you give the book to Senera, you will gain 4000 gold, quest for Senera will be completed, you gain fame.
- If you give the book to Ithulde, you will gain 5000 gold, quest for Senera will be failed, you lose fame.